Windows - WinMTR
- Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/ (Or http://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/ if the site is down)
- Right click WinMTR and 'Run as Administrator' - Ensure you allow this program through any firewalls/anti-virus programs to access the internet. Note - you may need to disable Windows Firewall
- Enter your server's IP address into the 'Host' box and click 'Start'.
- Allow this to send approx. 100 packets for a thorough testing, then click 'Stop'.
- Press the 'Export as TXT' button, save this to desktop or somewhere you can find it on your computer.
- Open the TXT file you have created and copy the results to paste.creeperhost.net and create a URL to the log.
- Provide the paste.creeperhost.net URL to support.
You can find more information here on how to understand your WinMTR results.
Here are some instructions on how to use a MTR on a Mac based product:
- Install the MTR software using this installer here - https://code.google.com/p/rudix/downloads/detail?name=mtr-0.82-0.pkg
- Open a terminal (Using the search function found in the top right hand corner)
- Enter the following command 'sudo /usr/local/sbin/mtr -rwc PlaceYourIPHere' (You may be asked to enter your password for your Mac. This is normal.)
- You will then want to copy and paste the results onto http://paste.creeperhost.net or printscreen it and provide it to support.
Run this command (preferably as root) from a terminal:
mtr -rwc PlaceYourIPHere
You will then want to copy and paste the results onto http://paste.creeperhost.net or printscreen it and provide it to support.